Japan's Aso: No plan to buy foreign bonds for monetary easing
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Japan has no plans to buy foreign currency bonds as part of monetary easing, Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday.
Aso, speaking to reporters, also said that for the time being the government has no plan to revise the Bank of Japan Law, which guarantees the central bank's independence and determines its policy mandate.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia