Japan's Aso: No plan to buy foreign bonds for monetary easing
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Japan has no plans to buy foreign currency bonds as part of monetary easing, Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday.
Aso, speaking to reporters, also said that for the time being the government has no plan to revise the Bank of Japan Law, which guarantees the central bank's independence and determines its policy mandate.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet