Japan's Aso: No plan to buy foreign bonds for monetary easing
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Japan has no plans to buy foreign currency bonds as part of monetary easing, Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday.
Aso, speaking to reporters, also said that for the time being the government has no plan to revise the Bank of Japan Law, which guarantees the central bank's independence and determines its policy mandate.
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- Genre-bending, 'unexpected' films top Sundance 2014 lineup
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Polish coffin-maker uses nude models to sell wares