- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Prosecutors plan more charges against accused Cleveland kidnapper
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
MALAYSIA PRESS-Cahya Mata plans to expand cement plant-Malaysian Reserve
Cahya Mata Sarawak Bhd (CMS) is considering a "significant" expansion of its cement grinding capacity after deciding to proceed with a joint-venture development of the billion ringgit ferro silicon smelting plant project at the Samalaju Industrial Park in Sarawak.
The company did not state how much additional grinding capacity will be built but it is expected to involve a capital expenditure of up to 150 mln rgt ($48.48 mln).
The expansion will be located at its plant adjoining its clinker plant on the outskirts of Kuching.
The company's cement production capacity now stands at 1.75 mln tonnes per year from plants in Kuching and Bintulu, and in excess of local demand.
The expansion signals a fundamental change in the cement market in the state and CMS believes the urbanisation and industrial development in the state will drive up demand-Malaysian Reserve.
State pension fund declares 6.15 pct dividend for 2012-New Straits Times
NOTE: Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
($1 = 3.0940 Malaysian ringgits)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this