Swiss stocks - Factors to watch on Feb 18
ZURICH Feb 18 (Reuters) - The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks on Monday:
* Chairman Daniel Vasella said he will receive up to 72 million Swiss francs ($77.94 million) over the next six years after leaving the company this month, news that might play into the hands of supporters of a referendum to limit "fat cat" pay.
The news has unleashed a wave of indignation among activist shareholders and politicians.
* U.S. regulators approved Novartis AG's Zortress as the first new drug in more than a decade for preventing organ rejection in adult patients receiving a liver transplant, the company said on Friday.For related news click on
* Nobel Biocare shareholder Oskar Ronner published a statement saying he no longer wished to join the board of directors after the board rejected the election of two other candidates he had proposed.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq