Office Depot, OfficeMax in merger talks -source
NEW YORK Feb 18 (Reuters) - U.S. office supply chains Office Depot Inc and OfficeMax Inc are in advanced discussions for a merger, a person familiar with the matter said on Monday.
A deal could come as soon as this week, that person said, adding that the talks were ongoing and could still fall apart.
Currently, the deal is expected to be structured as a stock-for-stock transaction, the person said.
Neither company responded to requests seeking comment.
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |