Office Depot, OfficeMax in merger talks -source
NEW YORK Feb 18 (Reuters) - U.S. office supply chains Office Depot Inc and OfficeMax Inc are in advanced discussions for a merger, a person familiar with the matter said on Monday.
A deal could come as soon as this week, that person said, adding that the talks were ongoing and could still fall apart.
Currently, the deal is expected to be structured as a stock-for-stock transaction, the person said.
Neither company responded to requests seeking comment.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |