OfficeMax shareholder says would support Office Depot merger
NEW YORK Feb 18 (Reuters) - One of OfficeMax Inc's top shareholders, Neuberger Berman, said it would support a merger with Office Depot Inc depending on terms of the deal, according to a portfolio manager at the firm.
Responding to media reports, Benjamin Nahum of Neuberger Berman, told Reuters in an interview that his preference would be for OfficeMax to declare a special dividend before merging with Office Depot.
"In our view this would facilitate a fair deal".
Earlier on Monday, the Wall Street Journal reported that OfficeMax and Office Depot were in advanced talks to merge.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement