STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Multiplan registers new share offering
Brazilian mall operator Multiplan Empreendimentos Imobiliarios SA registered on Monday to issue around nine million new common shares, worth about 490 million reais ($250 million) at Friday's closing price.
Current shareholders will have priority over a third of the new shares, according to a securities filing. Controlling owners have already expressed their intention to buy about 100 million reais ($51 million) of the new common shares.
The company said the share offering will help fund growth, strengthen its capital and allow faster work on new projects.
($1 = 1.96 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Alberto Alerigi Jr.)
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |