STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's BNDES opens $510 mln World Cup credit line
Brazil's state development bank BNDES approved on Monday to extend up to $1 billion reais ($510 million) in loans to help state and municipal governments finance soccer World Cup events.
Loans will be disbursed through state-controlled lender Banco do Brasil and will help fund preparation for the World Cup soccer tournaments that are to be hosted in 12 cities in 2014, the bank said in a statement. The bank will charge interest of 2 percentage points above the so-called benchmark TJLP rate and maturities for the loans could be of up to 10 years.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl