STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's BNDES opens $510 mln World Cup credit line
Brazil's state development bank BNDES approved on Monday to extend up to $1 billion reais ($510 million) in loans to help state and municipal governments finance soccer World Cup events.
Loans will be disbursed through state-controlled lender Banco do Brasil and will help fund preparation for the World Cup soccer tournaments that are to be hosted in 12 cities in 2014, the bank said in a statement. The bank will charge interest of 2 percentage points above the so-called benchmark TJLP rate and maturities for the loans could be of up to 10 years.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data