Telecom Italia board approves exclusive talks with Cairo for La7
MILAN Feb 18 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia said on Monday its board had agreed to start exclusive talks with Cairo Communication for the sale of TV unit La7.
In a statement, the Italian telecoms incumbent said the talks excluded a 51 percent stake held by La7 in MTV Italia.
La7 is owned by Telecom Italia Media which in turn is controlled by the telecoms group.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes, editing by Antonella Ciancio)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine