Tunisia PM fails to get new cabinet to stem unrest
TUNIS Feb 18 (Reuters) - Prime Minister Hamadi Jebali said on Monday that Tunisia's main political parties had failed to form a cabinet of technocrats after the country was thrown into turmoil by the assassination of an opposition politician.
"The initiative of a cabinet of technocrats did not receive full political consensus and failed...but work is continuing with all parties in order to form a government which has the agreement of most of the political parties," Jebali told a news conference.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia