South African police say at least 13 injured at Amplats mine
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African police said on Monday that at least 13 people were injured, including four security guards who were hacked by machetes, in a labor fight at an Anglo American Platinum mine.
At least five workers were also shot in the conflict sparked by a turf battle between rival unions at the company also known as Amplats, police said.
(Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Editing by Jon Herskovitz)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source