South African police say at least 13 injured at Amplats mine
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African police said on Monday that at least 13 people were injured, including four security guards who were hacked by machetes, in a labor fight at an Anglo American Platinum mine.
At least five workers were also shot in the conflict sparked by a turf battle between rival unions at the company also known as Amplats, police said.
(Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Editing by Jon Herskovitz)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow