Argentina 4th-qtr jobless rate inches up to 6.9 pct
BUENOS AIRES Feb 19 (Reuters) - Argentina's unemployment rate rose slightly to 6.9 percent in the fourth quarter compared with 6.7 percent in the same period of 2011, the national statistics institute said on Tuesday.
President Cristina Fernandez announced the jobless figure last month, touting the fact that unemployment remained near a record low despite a sharp economic slowdown in 2012.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data