Argentina 4th-qtr jobless rate inches up to 6.9 pct
BUENOS AIRES Feb 19 (Reuters) - Argentina's unemployment rate rose slightly to 6.9 percent in the fourth quarter compared with 6.7 percent in the same period of 2011, the national statistics institute said on Tuesday.
President Cristina Fernandez announced the jobless figure last month, touting the fact that unemployment remained near a record low despite a sharp economic slowdown in 2012.
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |