Argentina 4th-qtr jobless rate inches up to 6.9 pct
BUENOS AIRES Feb 19 (Reuters) - Argentina's unemployment rate rose slightly to 6.9 percent in the fourth quarter compared with 6.7 percent in the same period of 2011, the national statistics institute said on Tuesday.
President Cristina Fernandez announced the jobless figure last month, touting the fact that unemployment remained near a record low despite a sharp economic slowdown in 2012.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |