Bahrain's Ahli United Bank posts 11.8 pct Q4 profit rise
DUBAI Feb 19 (Reuters) - Ahli United Bank, Bahrain's largest lender by market value, posted a 11.8 percent gain in its fourth-quarter net profit, the bank said in a statement on Tuesday.
The bank made a net profit of $78.6 million for the three months to December 31, compared with $70.3 million in the corresponding period of 2011.
Full-year profit came in at $335.7 million, up from $310.6 million in 2011, the statement said.
Ahli United's board recommended a cash dividend of $0.04 per share and a 5 percent bonus share issue for 2012, versus a $0.03 cash dividend and 5 percent share dividend in the previous year, the statement added. (Reporting by David French; Editing by)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap