Brazil December retail sales unexpectedly fall 0.5 pct from November
SAO PAULO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil fell 0.5 percent in December from November, the government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday.
Retail sales had been expected to rise 0.8 percent, according to the median estimate of 27 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from 0.2 percent to 1.6 percent.
December's retail sales climbed 5.0 percent from a year earlier, the IBGE added, less than the 7.35 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from a gain of 6.0 percent to 9.6 percent.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea