British Columbia projects budget surplus in 2013-14
VICTORIA, British Columbia
VICTORIA, British Columbia Feb 19 (Reuters) - British Columbia's annual budget released on Tuesday projected a surplus of C$197 million ($194.69 million) in the coming fiscal year after a revised deficit of C$1.2 billion in 2012-13.
It is the last budget before a provincial election scheduled for May 14. In the fall, the Liberal government had projected the 2012-13 deficit at C$1.47 billion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter