CF Industries posts record-high quarterly profit
Feb 19 (Reuters) - CF Industries, the world's second-largest producer of nitrogen fertilizer, reported a record-high fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday, topping expectations.
Net earnings for the quarter rose to $470.7 million, or $7.40 per share, from $438.9 million, or $6.66 per share, a year ago.
Net sales for the Deerfield, Illinois-based company, which also mines the crop nutrient phosphate, fell 14 percent to $1.5 billion.
Analysts had on average expected CF to earn $6.95 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack