CF Industries posts record-high quarterly profit
Feb 19 (Reuters) - CF Industries, the world's second-largest producer of nitrogen fertilizer, reported a record-high fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday, topping expectations.
Net earnings for the quarter rose to $470.7 million, or $7.40 per share, from $438.9 million, or $6.66 per share, a year ago.
Net sales for the Deerfield, Illinois-based company, which also mines the crop nutrient phosphate, fell 14 percent to $1.5 billion.
Analysts had on average expected CF to earn $6.95 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data