- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
Herbalife earnings rise 12 percent
Feb 19 (Reuters) - Weight-loss and vitamin company Herbalife Ltd posted a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by stronger sales primarily in Asia Pacific.
The company's fourth-quarter income rose to $117.8 million, or $1.05 per share, from $105.4 million, or 86 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose about 20 percent to $1.06 billion.
The company has been the target of William Ackman, the hedge fund investor who said he was shorting the stock and alleged that the company was a "pyramid scheme".
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this