Japan econmin: will decide BOJ gov candidate after PM Abe trip
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Tuesday that the government will decide candidates for Bank of Japan's new governor and deputy governors after Prime Minister Shinzo Abe returns from February 21-24 U.S. trip.
Amari also said purchasing of foreign bonds by a central bank is an option available to each country.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |