BOJ's Shirakawa: Public expects well-balanced economic recovery
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said on Tuesday that the Japanese public expects a well-balanced economic recovery reflected in wages and prices.
Wider efforts to support the economy, such as an increase in Japan's industry competitiveness, will help support an increase in prices, Shirakawa said in parliament.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel