BOJ's Shirakawa: Public expects well-balanced economic recovery
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said on Tuesday that the Japanese public expects a well-balanced economic recovery reflected in wages and prices.
Wider efforts to support the economy, such as an increase in Japan's industry competitiveness, will help support an increase in prices, Shirakawa said in parliament.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies