BOJ's Shirakawa: Public expects well-balanced economic recovery
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said on Tuesday that the Japanese public expects a well-balanced economic recovery reflected in wages and prices.
Wider efforts to support the economy, such as an increase in Japan's industry competitiveness, will help support an increase in prices, Shirakawa said in parliament.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |