BOJ's Shirakawa: Public expects well-balanced economic recovery
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said on Tuesday that the Japanese public expects a well-balanced economic recovery reflected in wages and prices.
Wider efforts to support the economy, such as an increase in Japan's industry competitiveness, will help support an increase in prices, Shirakawa said in parliament.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl