BOJ's Shirakawa: Public expects well-balanced economic recovery
TOKYO Feb 19 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said on Tuesday that the Japanese public expects a well-balanced economic recovery reflected in wages and prices.
Wider efforts to support the economy, such as an increase in Japan's industry competitiveness, will help support an increase in prices, Shirakawa said in parliament.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking