CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher; banks, energy shares lead gains
TORONTO, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Tuesday, led by financial and energy stocks, as data showing an improvement in German economic sentiment boosted investor confidence. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 45.95 points, or 0.36 percent, at 12,732.58 shortly after the open.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy