CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher; banks, energy shares lead gains
TORONTO, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Tuesday, led by financial and energy stocks, as data showing an improvement in German economic sentiment boosted investor confidence. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 45.95 points, or 0.36 percent, at 12,732.58 shortly after the open.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |