Nikkei inches down as, investors eye upcoming events
TOKYO, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged downwards at Tuesday's open as investors awaited the appointment of a new Bank of Japan governor and eyed risks in the euro zone. The Nikkei lost 0.5 percent to 11,344.62, while the broader Topix dropped 0.4 percent to 958.98.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections