Nikkei inches down as, investors eye upcoming events
TOKYO, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged downwards at Tuesday's open as investors awaited the appointment of a new Bank of Japan governor and eyed risks in the euro zone. The Nikkei lost 0.5 percent to 11,344.62, while the broader Topix dropped 0.4 percent to 958.98.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand