US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street closes up on M&A activity
NEW YORK Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as this year's ongoing surge in merger activity suggested investors were still finding value in the market even as indexes hovered near five-year highs.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 53.22 points, or 0.38 percent, at 14,034.98. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 10.96 points, or 0.72 percent, at 1,530.75. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 21.56 points, or 0.68 percent, at 3,213.59.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner