US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street closes up on M&A activity
NEW YORK Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as this year's ongoing surge in merger activity suggested investors were still finding value in the market even as indexes hovered near five-year highs.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 53.22 points, or 0.38 percent, at 14,034.98. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 10.96 points, or 0.72 percent, at 1,530.75. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 21.56 points, or 0.68 percent, at 3,213.59.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources