Marriott quarterly earnings rise on higher room revenue
Feb 19 (Reuters) - Marriott International Inc reported a higher quarterly profit as room revenue rose, helped by rising international travel and higher room rates, and said it expects revenue per room to rise further this year.
Net income was $181 million, or 56 cents per share, in the fourth-quarter, up 28 percent from $141 million, or 41 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $3.76 billion.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World