- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
SandRidge says proxy firm backs current board against TPG-Axon
Feb 19 (Reuters) - SandRidge Energy Inc said a proxy advisory firm has recommended shareholders reject a campaign by hedge fund TPG-Axon Capital to sack the oil and gas company's board.
TPG-Axon, one of SandRidge's largest shareholders, wants to replace the board and oust Chief Executive Tom Ward, citing weak management and the company's poor stock performance.
Proxy advisory firm Egan-Jones Proxy Services said TPG-Axon had not provided specific plans or valid reasons to change SandRidge's direction, Sandridge said in a statement.
Another proxy advisory firm, ISS, said on Friday that a majority of SandRidge directors should be replaced due to governance problems at the company.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this