Sanofi says US FDA to review diabetes drug lixisenatide
PARIS Feb 19 (Reuters) - French drugmaker Sanofi said on Tuesday that its experimental diabetes drug lixisenatide has been accepted for review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The U.S. brand name for the drug, known as Lyxumia in Europe, is under consideration, Sanofi said in a statement.
Sanofi is set to launch the treatment in the European Union at the end of the first quarter of 2013 after receiving approval on Feb. 4. [ID: nL5N0B40X3]
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea