Sanofi says US FDA to review diabetes drug lixisenatide
PARIS Feb 19 (Reuters) - French drugmaker Sanofi said on Tuesday that its experimental diabetes drug lixisenatide has been accepted for review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The U.S. brand name for the drug, known as Lyxumia in Europe, is under consideration, Sanofi said in a statement.
Sanofi is set to launch the treatment in the European Union at the end of the first quarter of 2013 after receiving approval on Feb. 4. [ID: nL5N0B40X3]
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data