Bertelsmann in talks to buy KKR stake in BMG -report
FRANKFURT Feb 20 (Reuters) - Germany-based Bertelsmann is in advanced talks to buy out private equity firm KKR's majority stake in joint venture music rights management company BMG, the New York Post said, citing unnamed sources.
The talks could still fall apart, the paper said.
KKR and Bertelsmann declined to comment.
Currently, KKR holds a 51 percent stake in BMG Rights, while privately held Bertelsmann, Europe's largest media group, holds 49 percent, the New York Post said.
BMG is a rights management company for music publishing and recording rights.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994