Brazil December economic activity index up 0.26 pct vs November
SAO PAULO Feb 20 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank's IBC-Br economic activity index rose 0.26 percent in December from November in seasonally adjusted terms, the bank said on Wednesday.
The median estimate in a Reuters survey of 18 analysts, conducted before the government reported a surprise drop in retail sales in December, was for a rise of 0.40 percent.
The index, a gauge of activity in the farming, manufacturing and services sectors, rose a non-seasonally adjusted 1.19 percent over the same month a year ago.
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote