Brazil December economic activity index up 0.26 pct vs November
SAO PAULO Feb 20 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank's IBC-Br economic activity index rose 0.26 percent in December from November in seasonally adjusted terms, the bank said on Wednesday.
The median estimate in a Reuters survey of 18 analysts, conducted before the government reported a surprise drop in retail sales in December, was for a rise of 0.40 percent.
The index, a gauge of activity in the farming, manufacturing and services sectors, rose a non-seasonally adjusted 1.19 percent over the same month a year ago.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source