Brazil December economic activity index up 0.26 pct vs November
SAO PAULO Feb 20 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank's IBC-Br economic activity index rose 0.26 percent in December from November in seasonally adjusted terms, the bank said on Wednesday.
The median estimate in a Reuters survey of 18 analysts, conducted before the government reported a surprise drop in retail sales in December, was for a rise of 0.40 percent.
The index, a gauge of activity in the farming, manufacturing and services sectors, rose a non-seasonally adjusted 1.19 percent over the same month a year ago.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets