Bulgarian ruling party opens way for early election
BUCHAREST Feb 20 (Reuters) - Bulgaria's governing GERB party will not take part in talks to form a new government, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said on Wednesday, indicating the Balkan country will hold an early election.
Prime Minister Boiko Borisov's centre-right GERB is the dominant faction in parliament and if no group can form a majority, a planned election in July will be brought forward.
"GERB will not take part in consultations for the new government," Tsvetanov told reporters.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |