Bulgaria government resigns after national protests
BUCHAREST Feb 20 (Reuters) - Bulgaria's government resigned from office after nationwide protests against austerity and high electricity prices, Prime Minister Boiko Borisov said on Wednesday.
"I will not participate in a government under which police are beating people," Borisov told parliament.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |