ConocoPhillips to sell stake in Western Australia gas assets
Feb 20 (Reuters) - ConocoPhillips said it will sell some of its stake in two Western Australia exploration assets to PetroChina Company Ltd.
PetroChina will acquire 20 percent of Poseidon gas field in the Browse Basin offshore Western Australia and 29 percent of onshore shale formation Goldwyer in the Canning Basin in the same region.
Under the deal, ConocoPhillips and PetroChina will also study the potential for unconventional resource development in the 500,000 acre Neijiang-Dazu Shale formation in the Sichuan Basin in southwestern China.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls