KPN says America Movil backs its capital increase
BRUSSELS Feb 20 (Reuters) - Dutch telecoms group KPN said on Wednesday its largest shareholder, America Movil, supported its plan to raise 4 billion euros ($5.34 billion) in equity capital to avoid a credit rating downgrade.
KPN said the operation would consist of a 3 billion euro rights issue and, in addition, the issuance of hybrid capital instruments, which were expected to receive partial equity recognition.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad