KPN says America Movil backs its capital increase
BRUSSELS Feb 20 (Reuters) - Dutch telecoms group KPN said on Wednesday its largest shareholder, America Movil, supported its plan to raise 4 billion euros ($5.34 billion) in equity capital to avoid a credit rating downgrade.
KPN said the operation would consist of a 3 billion euro rights issue and, in addition, the issuance of hybrid capital instruments, which were expected to receive partial equity recognition.
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- Genre-bending, 'unexpected' films top Sundance 2014 lineup
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Polish coffin-maker uses nude models to sell wares