US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends losses; Nasdaq off 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended losses on Wednesday following minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve that suggested the central bank may have to slow or stop buying assets before seeing a pickup in hiring.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 68.54 points, or 0.49 percent, at 13,967.13. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 13.14 points, or 0.86 percent, at 1,517.80. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 33.43 points, or 1.04 percent, at 3,180.16.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source