US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat, Fed minutes awaited
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Wednesday as data showed the economy continues to improve modestly, while investors also awaited the minutes from the Federal Open Market Committee's January meeting later in the session.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 0.31 points, or 0.00 percent, at 14,035.36. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.05 points, or 0.07 percent, at 1,529.89. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.28 points, or 0.04 percent, at 3,212.32.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand