US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat, Fed minutes awaited
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Wednesday as data showed the economy continues to improve modestly, while investors also awaited the minutes from the Federal Open Market Committee's January meeting later in the session.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 0.31 points, or 0.00 percent, at 14,035.36. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.05 points, or 0.07 percent, at 1,529.89. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.28 points, or 0.04 percent, at 3,212.32.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets