Morocco inflation steady at 2.6 pct in January
RABAT Feb 20 (Reuters) - Morocco's consumer price inflation was flat at an annual 2.6 percent in January, the same rate as in December, the High Planning Authority said on Wednesday.
Food price inflation eased slightly to 4.2 percent from 4.5 percent in December. Communications expenses fell 16.0 percent while education rose 6.1 percent.
On a month-on-month basis, consumer prices rose 0.2 percent in January. Seafood prices rose 6.5 percent but vegetable prices dropped 8.0 percent.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Man suspected of shooting six dead in Texas to appear in court
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities