BRIEF-Office Depot CEO says FTC shooting down deal "very unlikely"
Feb 20 (Reuters) - Office Depot Inc : * CEO says web cast provider inadvertently release press release about deal
with OfficeMax Inc way ahead" of schedule this morning * CEO says erroneous to call this an acquisition, says it's "a merger of
equals" * Officemax CEO says confident that "marketplace has changed sufficiently" to
make case deal can pass anti-trust hurdles * CEO says ftc not approving deal "very unlikely" * CEO says "premature" to discuss who will be CEO of new company before ftc
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video