Brazil's Pão de Açúcar beats profit forecasts
SAO PAULO Feb 20 (Reuters) - Grupo Pão de Açúcar , Brazil's biggest retailer, said on Wednesday its fourth-quarter net income rose 36 percent from a year earlier to 539 million reais ($275 million), according to a securities filing.
Profit beat an average forecast of 408 million reais in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, rose 34 percent to 1.323 billion reais, above an average estimate of 1.2 billion reais.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |