Brazil's Pão de Açúcar beats profit forecasts
SAO PAULO Feb 20 (Reuters) - Grupo Pão de Açúcar , Brazil's biggest retailer, said on Wednesday its fourth-quarter net income rose 36 percent from a year earlier to 539 million reais ($275 million), according to a securities filing.
Profit beat an average forecast of 408 million reais in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, rose 34 percent to 1.323 billion reais, above an average estimate of 1.2 billion reais.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350
- Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country