Raiffeisen Bank Int'l ups dividend, has Q4 loss
VIENNA Feb 20 (Reuters) - Austria's Raiffeisen Bank International proposed on Wednesday raising its 2012 dividend 12 cents to 1.17 euros per share while posting a well-flagged loss for the fourth quarter.
That was well above the 0.77 euro dividend analysts polled by Reuters had expected.
RBI posted a 2012 profit of 725 million euros ($968.35 million). Based on the consolidated profit of 842 million it made in the first nine months, that represented a net loss of 117 million in the final quarter.
Analysts polled by Reuters on average expected a net loss of 113 million euros in the quarter.
RBI said last month it expected a net loss for the fourth quarter due to writedowns of its Ukrainian unit and other assets and a tough economy.
($1 = 0.7487 euros) (Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by David Cowell)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule