Sony to sell subsidiary M3 shares, post $1.23 bln operating profit
TOKYO Feb 20 (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Wednesday that it would sell six percent of shares in its consolidated subsidiary M3 Inc, and as a result post a 115 billion yen ($1.23 billion) operating profit for the year through March 2013.
Sony said in statement that the sale of shares in M3, a marketing company, was part of a rebalancing of its business portfolio and assets. ($1 = 93.52 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions