Talisman cuts 90 Calgary head office jobs
CALGARY, Alberta Feb 20 (Reuters) - Talisman Energy Inc has cut 90 jobs at its Calgary head office, or 7 percent of the employees there, as it copes with depressed North American natural gas prices, the company said on Wednesday.
Talisman, which is restructuring its operations in an effort to lift a long-languishing stock price, said it still employs 1,500 staff in Canada, including 1,200 in Calgary.
The company signaled early this year that job cuts would be part of efforts to reduce its C$1.3 billion ($1.3 billion) of annual general and administrative costs by 20 percent.
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl