CORRECTED-Toll Brothers posts profit in 1st quarter, new orders jump 49 pct
(Corrects paragraph 3 to say revenue rose 32 percent not 31 percent)
Feb 20 (Reuters) - Toll Brothers Inc, the largest luxury homebuilder in the United States, reported a quarterly profit compared with a loss in the previous year and said new orders jumped 49 percent.
Net income for the first quarter was $4.4 million, or 3 cents per share, compared with a loss of $2.8 million, or 2 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 32 percent to $424.6 million.
Homebuilders D.R Horton and Pultegroup reported better-than-expected quarterly profits last month as new homes were in low supply. (Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal, Roshni Menon)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats