CORRECTED-Toll Brothers posts profit in 1st quarter, new orders jump 49 pct
(Corrects paragraph 3 to say revenue rose 32 percent not 31 percent)
Feb 20 (Reuters) - Toll Brothers Inc, the largest luxury homebuilder in the United States, reported a quarterly profit compared with a loss in the previous year and said new orders jumped 49 percent.
Net income for the first quarter was $4.4 million, or 3 cents per share, compared with a loss of $2.8 million, or 2 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 32 percent to $424.6 million.
Homebuilders D.R Horton and Pultegroup reported better-than-expected quarterly profits last month as new homes were in low supply. (Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal, Roshni Menon)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill