Sony to sell subsidiary M3 shares, post $1.23 billion operating profit
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Wednesday that it would sell six percent of shares in its consolidated subsidiary M3 Inc, and as a result post a 115 billion yen ($1.23 billion) operating profit for the year through March 2013.
Sony said in statement that the sale of shares in M3, a marketing company, was part of a rebalancing of its business portfolio and assets.
($1 = 93.52 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |