Sony to sell subsidiary M3 shares, post $1.23 billion operating profit
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Wednesday that it would sell six percent of shares in its consolidated subsidiary M3 Inc, and as a result post a 115 billion yen ($1.23 billion) operating profit for the year through March 2013.
Sony said in statement that the sale of shares in M3, a marketing company, was part of a rebalancing of its business portfolio and assets.
($1 = 93.52 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement