Walter Energy reports loss on lower coal prices
Feb 20 (Reuters) - Walter Energy Inc reported a quarterly loss on Wednesday as a drop in metallurgical coal prices hit the miner's revenue.
In the fourth quarter to Dec. 31, the company's net loss was $71.0 million, or $1.13 a share, compared with a profit of $80.3 million, or $1.29, a year earlier.
The Birmingham, Alabama-based company said revenue dropped to $478.8 million, from $703.0 million.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default