Walter Energy reports loss on lower coal prices
Feb 20 (Reuters) - Walter Energy Inc reported a quarterly loss on Wednesday as a drop in metallurgical coal prices hit the miner's revenue.
In the fourth quarter to Dec. 31, the company's net loss was $71.0 million, or $1.13 a share, compared with a profit of $80.3 million, or $1.29, a year earlier.
The Birmingham, Alabama-based company said revenue dropped to $478.8 million, from $703.0 million.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |